Liberty woman succumbs to injuries from gas explosion

By Vanesa Brashier, editor@bluebonnetnews.com

A Liberty woman who suffered burns to most of her body when a gas can allegedly exploded at a home on the 4600 block of N. Main on May 5, has died. The burn victim, identified as Christine Gill, was 34.

Her brother, Paul Jones, said that Gill died on May 9 at Memorial Hermann Hospital in Houston where she was airlifted after the explosion.

A faulty generator that had been leaking fuel from the carburetor was initially blamed for the explosion. Power to the house where Gill was staying with a male companion had been cut off, so they were using a gas-powered generator. Gill and the male companion were both injured with Gill receiving extensive burns to most of her body.

Austin Bank

In a previous article on Bluebonnet News, Jones said, “As the doctor told my mom, it looked like someone had poured gas on her. She had inhaled gas and swallowed gasoline.”

While her death was clearly the result of her injuries, Liberty police are investigating what led to the explosion and are interviewing witnesses, said Liberty Police Chief Gary Martin.

No other information is available at this time.

Original article:

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.