New school resource officers added at Hardin, Tarkington, H-D campuses

Pct. 3 Constable Mark Davison welcomes his new Deputy Constable Tammy Bishop. She will serve as a school resource officer for Hardin ISD.

To improve student safety, three Liberty County school districts have added resource officers this year. The positions were recently approved by Liberty County commissioners as the county is responsible for 30 percent of the salaries and benefits of the deputies. The school district to which each is assigned pays the remaining 70 percent, which roughly equates to the amount of time they will spend on campuses each year.

The new positions created were for Hardin, Hull-Daisetta and Tarkington ISDs, and the resource officers are actually deputy constables working for the constables in the precinct in which the school is located.

In Pct. 2, veteran lawman David Allison is the new school resource officer for Hull-Daisetta ISD. He works under Pct. 2 Constable Les Hulsey.

In Pct. 3, Tammy Bishop is the new school resource officer for Hardin ISD and works under Pct. 3 Constable Mark “MadDog” Davison. Bishop is a certified SRO through the National Association of School Resource Officers. She is formerly an SRO for Liberty ISD and brings a broad base of experience and training to the new position at Hardin, Davison said.

Pct. 5 Justice of the Peace Wade Brown swears in Deputy Constable Laci Lognion as a full-time deputy for Liberty County. She also is one of two school resource officers for Tarkington ISD. Looking on is her supervisor, Pct. 5 Constable David Hunter.

In Pct. 5, Laci Lognion is the new school resource officer for Tarkington ISD. She is supervised by Pct. 5 Constable David Hunter. In addition to being a veteran peace officer, Lognion is a part-time paramedic for Liberty County EMS. This is the second full-time school resource officer hired for Tarkington ISD through a partnership with the constable’s office and Liberty County, the other being Deputy Constable James Gardiner.

Previous articleLiberty County Sheriff’s Drug Interdiction Unit arrests couple on US 59
Next articleTexas Strong – one year later
Before creating Bluebonnet News in 2018, Vanesa Brashier was a community editor for the Houston Chronicle/Houston Community Newspapers. During part of her 12 years at the newspapers, she was assigned as the digital editor and managing editor for the Humble Observer, Kingwood Observer, East Montgomery County Observer and the Lake Houston Observer, and the editor of the Dayton News, Cleveland Advocate and Eastex Advocate. Over the years, she has earned more than two dozen writing awards, including Journalist of the Year.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.