Liberty firefighters save home after fire breaks out in kitchen

Liberty firefighters stand outside a home on Webster St. in Liberty after extinguishing a fire in the home's kitchen.

Fire damaged a home on the 1700 block of Webster Street in Liberty around noon Monday, according to Liberty Fire Chief Bryan Hurst. 

Firefighters were able to contain the fire before it could spread through the rest of the house. However, the home suffered major water and smoke damage, the chief said. 

When firefighters arrived, Hurst said, “There was a pretty good, roaring fire in the kitchen.”

The fire started in the kitchen, possibly by the coffee pot, he added.

“No one was home at the time. The parents were gone and the kids were at school. The family’s dog was in the backyard, so no was injured,” Hurst said. 

By Vanesa Brashier,

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.