All students in grades 8-12, parents and educators are invited to attend an upcoming U.S. Service Academy and ROTC Forum being hosted by U.S. Rep. Brian Babin (TX-36) and U.S. Rep. Randy Weber (TX-14) on Sept. 14 at the Hardin-Jefferson High School cafeteria, 3155 Highway 326 South, Sour Lake.
Representatives from the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, the U.S. Air Force Academy, the U.S. Naval Academy, the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy and the U.S. Coast Guard Academy will present information about the academy application process, attending a service academy and the role of a military officer.
The U.S. Service Academies are collegiate institutions that offer leadership programs dedicated to the academies, athleticism, military and moral character. The Academies are some of the top colleges in the nation and prepare students for professional military careers.
- Full college scholarship for four of the five service academies;
- More than 25 academic majors available;
- Considered to be the top public schools in the nation;
- Considered to have the top five undergraduate engineering programs;
- Division I varsity sports; and
- Exciting careers post-graduation
Students will have an opportunity to visit with staff from Congressman Babin and Congressman Weber’s offices regarding the nomination process.
For more information, go online to https://babin.house.gov/ or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org