Liberty County is reporting 13 confirmed cases of COVID-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus. On Monday, number of cases in the county grew to eight and by Tuesday morning, the number had grown to 13.
The people most recently confirmed to have the disease are:
- A female in her 20-30s from South Liberty County. The source of her infection is being investigated. She is currently experiencing mild symptoms and is isolating at home.
- A female in her 40s-50s from South Liberty County. The source of her infection is being investigated. She is currently experiencing mild symptoms and is isolating at home.
- A male in his 50s-60s from South Liberty County. The source of his infection is being investigated. He is currently experiencing mild symptoms and is isolating at home.
- A male in his 60s-70s from South Liberty County. The source of his infection is being investigated. He is currently experiencing mild symptoms and is isolating at home.
- A female in her 40s-50s from North Liberty County. The source of her infection is being investigated. She is currently experiencing mild symptoms and is isolating at home.
The Texas Department of State Health Services is supporting Liberty County in identifying any close contacts of the patient while she was sick, so they can be isolated and monitored for symptoms and quickly tested, if needed.
There are things everyone can do to help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue; then wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently-touched objects and surfaces.
Minimizing exposure is especially important for people who are 65 or older or who have an underlying health condition like heart disease, lung disease, high blood pressure or cancer. People in these groups have a higher risk of developing severe disease if they do get COVID-19, and the safest thing for them during an outbreak will be to stay home as much as possible and minimize close contact with other people.
To get ready, they should talk to their doctor about getting additional prescription medications and have enough household items and groceries on hand to stay home as needed.
What’s considered South Liberty County.. What town the infected people live in needs to be released.
IT SHOULD BE NOTH LIBERTY COUNTY SOUTHWEST LIBERTY COUNTY SOUTHEAST LIBERTY COUNTY PLEASE IDENTIFY
Looks like you will never get your Answer Andy but you are right we need to know.
Where do people of Liberty County go to get checked if they have symptoms?
Let’s see if they answer either one of us Andy..
The best way to avoid getting the virus is to avoid being near people who have it, how can we avoid being near these 13 people if we don’t know WHERE to avoid
It’s best to just keep everyone at a distance. It doesn’t matter where they are now. It’s where they have been in the past few days and weeks. So since that’s going to be a huge task just take it upon yourselves to follow the recommended steps to not contact it. And if you think you’re feeling symptoms call your primary care physician before attempting to just go there. Here are a few things to consider if you are quarantined at home.
1. Air out your room/house.
2. Wipe down all areas with soap and water
3. Drink plenty of fluids…NOT alcoholic.
4. Do not eat junk food. Eat plenty of green.
vegetables and get some rest.
5. Take notes daily of your symptoms. This will be useful to know if your begin to feel better or useful to the medical staff helping you.
6. Never-the-less don’t panic enjoy the family time because when this is over we will all be scrambling to get to work.
7. STAY PRAYERFUL AND TRUST IN GOD
How are we supposed to know if we have come in contact with these people ifvwe dont know where they shopped or ate ?????
The list only named five people! They said it was 13.