By Vanesa Brashier
Hundreds of people braved the blistering heat Saturday to attend Splendora First Pentecostal Church’s Fifth Annual Car Show. Dozens of entries competed in 19 categories, including Pastor’s Choice, Best in Show, Hot Rods and Muscle Cars.
Best of Show went to Jimmy McCreight of New Caney for his red Chevrolet Bel Air. Jabo Green claimed Pastor’s Choice with the award presented by SFPC Pastor Ronald Culberth.
Other awards were presented to the following:
- ATV – Richard Scott
- 4 X 4 – Richard Scott
- Jeep – Barry Welch, first place; Johnathan Gonzales, runner-up
- Restomod – Jimmy McCreight, first place; Mitch Hatcher, runner-up
- Hot Rod – Rick Drumwright, first place; Mike Silva, runner-up
- Muscle Car – Cathi Pierce, first place; Phil and Judy Jackson, runner-up
- Rat Rod – Mitch Reynolds, first place; Jerry Simmons, runner-up
- 1920-1973 Truck – Lance Jones, first place; Bobby Hanaline, runner-up
- 1920-1973 Car – Ronald Wooddell, first place; Jabo Green, runner-up
- 1974-2018 Truck – Bruce Stoltfus, first place; Ricky Arnold, runner-up
- 1974-2018 Car – Shelley Stoltzfus, first place; Lee Woodward, runner-up
- Best Interior – Bobby Hanaline
- Best Paint – Mitch Hatcher
- Under the Hood – Lance Jones
- Work in Progress – Melisa Richmond
- Unique – Suzanna Cauley
Splendora First Pentecostal Church is located at 26480 Fm 2090 Rd., Splendora.
Photo slideshow by John McCulloch