In a few short weeks, the weather in Southeast Texas will turn crisp, heralding the beginning of fall. While most look forward to this time of year, one of the most-anticipated events of the season in Liberty County is the Trinity Valley Exposition.
In addition to rodeo events, a county fair, FFA competitions and a carnival, TVE hosts the annual Miss TVE Rodeo Queen contest. This year, six lovely young ladies are vying for the crown. They represent nearly every section of Liberty County from Dayton, Cleveland, Liberty and Hardin.
Leading up to their participation in parade and rodeo events, the girls compete in activities such as interview, speech and horsemanship and most photogenic. The winner will be crowned during the rodeo on Saturday, Oct. 20.
The contestants are:
- Reagan Boswell, 16, the daughter of Richard and Jennifer Boswell of Dayton. At 11th-grade student in Dayton, she has volunteered for five years with the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo in the Top Hands Special-Needs Horse Show. She aspires to one day be an attorney.
- Kenede Wagner, 14, the daughter of David and Lezli Wagner of Baytown. She is an eighth-grade student who enjoys showing her 5-year-old paint gelding, Dude. She also enjoys photography, dog training and exploring wildlife.
- Hailey Crowson, 14, the ninth-grade daughter of Amanda and Michael Chapin of Cleveland. She likes showing cows, playing volleyball and cooking with her family on Sundays.
- Baileigh Terrell, 17, the daughter of Jonathan and Patricia Terrell of Dayton. She is a senior this year and loves anything to do with horses, training and riding. She enjoys working with special-needs children and military veterans.
- Grace Williams, 14, the daughter of Christian and Justin VanLangendonck of Cleveland, and Chris and Lisa Williams. She is a ninth-grade student who enjoys extreme sports, such as surfing, snowboarding, wakeboarding and whitewater rafting.
- Maci Collins, 15, the daughter of Mark and Kim Collins of Hardin. She is a 10-grade student who enjoys working and training her horses, hunting, fishing, playing the piano and guitar, and spending time with friends and family.
For more information on TVE events, go online to http://www.tvefair.com
By Vanesa Brashier, firstname.lastname@example.org