Trick-or-treaters are saying, “Rain, rain, go away,” as thunderstorms are predicted for Halloween night in Southeast Texas. Assuming the rain is delayed until after Halloween activities wrap up, here are some of the events taking place tonight in Liberty County:
- NOTE: Treat Street is postponed until Nov. 1 – 6 to 8 p.m. in the Stancil Exposition Center, 211 Peach St. The free event is being held this year in the rodeo arena. Prizes will be awarded for the best booths and costumes. For more information, call 281-592-2395.
- Halloween Teen Night – 6 to 11 p.m. at The Grill at American Legion Post 393, 25774 SH 321, Cleveland. Prizes will be awarded for best costumes. There is a $5 entry fee. Events include a DJ, dance and darts. No inappropriate costumes allowed.
- Hallelujah Night – 6 to 8 p.m. at Cornerstone Church, 27453 Hwy. 105 W, Cleveland. Popcorn, games, hay rides, great food and balloons are planned.
- Fall Festival – 5:30 to 8 p.m. at Lifestyle Community Church, 11008 Fostoria Rd., Cleveland. Candy, fun, prizes, games and food.
- SPECIAL NOTE: Dayton’s Community-Wide Trunk or Treat has been moved to Nov. 1 due to the weather. It starts at 6 p.m. at the Dayton Community Center, 801 S. Cleveland St., Dayton. All are welcome. There will be more than 25 booths offering children candy and games. The event is hosted by Journey Fellowship Church, First Assembly of God Church and First United Methodist Church.
- Fall Festival – 6 to 8 p.m. at Trinity Baptist Church, 408 W. Clayton, Dayton, across from Thrif-Tee Food Center. Moonwalk, free hot dogs, pumpkin putt putt, cake walk, cookie decorating, face painting and lots of candy.
- Trunk or Treat – 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Hardin United Pentecostal Church, 656 CR 2010, Hardin. Games, candy and fun.
- Trunk or Treat – 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Moss Hill United Pentecostal Church, 127 SH 105 E, Moss Hill. Games, candy and food.
- Trick or Trunk – 5:30 p.m. at Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, 411 Milam St., Liberty. If it rains, the event is moving into the church hall. This event is perfect for small children. No gory or inappropriate costumes.
- Trunk or Treat – 6:30 p.m. at Grace Church Liberty, 1935 SH 146 Bypass, Liberty. Wear a costume and invite your friends and family.
- Bethel Assembly of God Fall Festival – 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Bethel Assembly of God Church, 4606 FM 563, Liberty. Free hot dogs and chips. Games and candy for everyone. Activities include face painting, bean bag toss, basketball shoot, pumpkin painting, cake walk, fish pond, sucker safari, treasure hunt and dominos. All activities are inside.
- Fall Festival – 6 to 8 p.m. at North Main Baptist Church, 4709 N. Main, Liberty. Come for a hay ride, games, snacks, food and lots of candy.
- Fall Festival – 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at First Baptist Church of Plum Grove, 155 CR 345, Plum Grove. Event will be both indoor and outdoor. Activities include games with prizes/candy, face painting, hayride, festive photo area, moonwalk and much more. No scary costumes. Hot dogs and chili will be served at 5:45 p.m.
- CANCELED: Trunk or Treat – 6:30 to 8 p.m. at First United Pentecostal Church of Splendora, 26480 FM 2090, Splendora. Free candy, treats and games in the church parking lot.
If you have an event to include, please email a flyer to email@example.com. If time permits, the information will be added.