It’s a last-minute notice but starting at noon Saturday, Cleveland Livestock Show and Dairy Day is hosting an online auction. The sale is being held to benefit the youths who would otherwise being showing their animals and projects at this year’s show.
The coronavirus pandemic caused the livestock show and youth livestock sale to be canceled this year, leaving the youth out for expenses they have incurred all year for the maintenance and care of their animals.
“We had to cancel the show because the facilities where we hold it were closed. To offer some relief to the kids, and to commend them for all their hard work, we organized this auction,” said Jennifer Lewis, spokesperson for the organization. “We are hoping to get them enough money so they are able to participate in next year’s events.”
The auction is all online and customers will be invoiced for their tax-deductible donations.
Here are some more details about today’s auction:
Click here to open the auction in your browser window:
– Under the Cleveland Livestock Show & Dairy Day logo, click on “Participate in this event”
– Popup window will prompt you to sign in.
– If you don’t have an existing Proxibid account, please click on Sign Up!
– Follow the instructions to create an account. If you would like your company name to be recognized during the live auction, please use your company name as your username when creating your account. If not, use your first/last name as your username. The username is what the auctioneer will be able to see during the live auction.
DO NOT use spaces in username. Please use a capital letter for first letter of username. Use a number at the end of username.
– It will ask you to enter your credit card information. You must enter a credit card in order to verify you as a valid buyer. Your credit card will not be charged.
– Once you have entered your credit card information, Proxibid will send you an email to activate your account. Go to your email and activate your Proxibid account.
– You are now registered to bid.
If you have problems or questions registering, please contact Wal-Lee Auction Company at 936-222-7588.
Live bidding will begin at 12 p.m. on Saturday until all animals are sold.
Projects can be paid for by cash, check (made payable to Cleveland Livestock Show) or Credit Card (2.75 percent convenience fee for credit card payments).
ADD-ON Money – Email Jennifer Lewis – email@example.com
Disposition of Animals – Exhibitor will contact Buyer
Disposition Options: Buyer donates back to student, Student will deliver to Buyer or Student will deliver to Processor.
All transactions such as students getting their money will go through the Cleveland Livestock Show organization.
We are asking all Parents, Students and Buyers to continue to be patient and please let us know if there is anything we can do help make this as smooth as possible. If there are any mistakes/errors, please let us know asap and we can get them corrected.
It’s a shame All the kids that have tagged their animals knew nothing about this ! They All Have Spent their
time and money into their animals also !! I dont know who choose the ones that were able to participate but seems to me EVERYONE should have had a chance or voice … I’ll never understand small schools with favorites
Too bad the information didn’t post this earlier than the very day the auction was held. I would have bought an animal or two and I am sure there are others who would have as well. Very poor planning on someone’s part. Not fair to the children who worked so hard with their animals and deserved better.